Supporters of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Damongo constituency of the Savannah Region embarked on a float to confirm their firm hold of the seat.
The supporters who were backed by some regional and constituency executives on their float went through some principal streets of Damongo with placards with some reading “Damongo seat is not for sale”, “NDC not giving up this seat” among others.
The float ended at Damongo Taxi terminal with a mini rally.
Damongo Constituency Communication Officer, Yahaya Mumuni said, “We are to emphasise the point that the Damongo seat has always been an NDC seat.
“The fact of the matter is that there have been speculations that the Damongo seat has been sold but we have made it clear with our float that it is never true.”
Savannah Regional Treasurer of the NDC, Ali Bakari Kassim said the party is poised for victory this year and that the regional executives will be rolling out more campaign strategies in the coming weeks.
He said the NDC flagbearer John Mahama wants to become president not because of himself but to serve Ghanaians better.
He stressed that Damongo seat is for NDC and all party members must come out in their numbers when the biggest float hits town and follow that up with a massive vote for the party.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Fire guts new Kejetia Market
Protect Ghanaian businesses to aid job-oriented economic growth – Dr Kofi Amoah
Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
Operation Halt must be sustained, extended to tributaries of major rivers – Defence Minister
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay