Individual pensioner bondholders have been persistent in their call for the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, to exempt them from the debt exchange programme, with a number of them picketing at the Finance Ministry on a daily basis to protest.
However, it appears their cries have not been heard.
Now, they have taken a different turn by testing the fate of the Finance Minister. This is because Mr Ofori-Atta is known to be a religious man who quotes scriptures in his addresses.
In an interview with Joy News The Pulse on Tuesday, an individual bondholder, Kokui Adzo Adu tried changing the normal plea by appealing to Mr Ofori-Atta on the grounds of Christianity.
This is because she believes she would be heard “since the Finance Minister is also a Christian.”
“We have trust, we have faith and our minister is also a very strong Christian, so we will see. We are testing his Christianity with this,” she told Blessed Sogah.
She shared the belief that “the Finance Minister will come and say something good to us.”
Madam Adzo Adu appealed to Mr Ofori-Atta, President Akufo-Addo not to make it seem as if the decision they took to save was bad.
“Let the young people look at us, see that what we did was the right thing to do that they should save for their future, be frugal where they have to.. to let them understand that in life we plan…,” she added.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile