She came into contact with a patient who later tested positive for Covid-19 at the Bolgatanga Regional Hospital in March 2020.
And after exhibiting symptoms of the disease days after, the senior medical doctor, now a resident in paediatrics, Dr Gillian Bogee had to be airlifted to the Korlebu Teaching Hospital for critical care.
Twenty days after hospitalisation, she has now tested negative twice and been discharged.
Dr Bogee has been sharing her near-death experience exclusively to JoyNews‘ Komla Adom in a documentary dubbed ‘A Covid-19 Recovery Journey.’
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- “It’s not always about goals” – Chris Hughton defends Inaki Williams
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Free SHS: Holistic approach to teaching and learning needed to sustain quality
- US commits $100m to help combat terrorism in coastal West Africa
- Ghana’s IMF programme: Paris Club, China, other creditors agree to form OCC
- Meet Jon Boafo, Ghana’s first international rower: A story of perseverance and dedication
- Economic activity contracts but consumer confidence improves – BoG
- British Council builds network for UK-Ghanaian students to access employable opportunities
- NPA boss calls on National Chief Imam
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Black kids in England 6 times more likely to be strip-searched by police
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- The Texas preacher’s $24m Ponzi scheme
- Take advantage of digital tools to win in the age of the entrepreneur – UMB CEO urges graduates