Dolly Parton is showing everyone how it’s done by receiving her first Covid-19 vaccination shot.
The country music star got the shot at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville and recorded the whole thing in a video posted to her Twitter account on Tuesday.
The four-minute clip shows Parton sitting in a chair at the facility. She begins by sharing updated lyrics to her hit song “Jolene” to match the occasion.
Dolly gets a dose of her own medicine. @VUMChealth pic.twitter.com/38kJrDzLqC— Dolly Parton (@DollyParton) March 2, 2021
“Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine,” she sings in the famous tune. “I’m begging of you please don’t hesitate.”
Parton said she wants everyone to get their shot, even if they are afraid.
“I just wanted to encourage everybody because the sooner we get to feeling better the sooner we get back to normal,” Parton said.
The doctor is then called over and they go through the whole process of the vaccination.
“It didn’t take this long to film ‘9 to 5’,” she joked.
“I’ve been waiting since December; I’ve been in line.”Last year, Parton gave a $1 million donation to Covid-19 research, which was partly used to fund Moderna’s then-promising vaccine.
“I did it! I did it!” she squealed when the process was complete.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display