The Dormaahene, Osagyefo Oseadeeyo Agyemang Badu II, has commemorated the 22nd anniversary of his enstoolment.
The celebration came off in Dormaa on Monday, June 7, 2021.
Persons from all walks of life attended the colorful ceremony.
Osagyefo Oseadeeyo Agyemang Badu II was enstooled on June 7, 1999 as the paramount chief of the Dormaa Traditional Area.
He has since then spearheaded development within his traditional and championed the betterment of the lives of his people.
Under his reign, an ultramodern Distrit Police Headquarters was commissioned for Dormaa In 2019.
In 2019 also which marked the 20th anniversary of his enstoolment, the Dormaa Development Commission was inaugurated.
He has since 2000 established Dormaaman Educational Endowment Fund (Dormeef) which has provided bursaries to brilliant but needy students.
He also established the Dormaaman Development fund which has provided infrastructural projects within the traditional area like building of a stadium.
He has built places of convenience and spearheaded hotel projects.
Furthermore, he has embarked on his Palace extension project, formed the Aduana Stars FC and undertaken several health projects.
He has also championed several youth development initiatives.
In his speech during the celebration on Monday, the Dormaahene called for the protection of the environment.
He urged that Ghanaians must keep their environment clean at all times.
He also spoke against the menace of illegal mining, calling for an end to the practice.
- Vanished penis at Oti Region returned to owner, but it’s yet to start functioning
- Onion sellers at Agbogbloshie have asked a spiritualist to kill me, but I will still relocate them – Henry Quartey
- Akufo-Addo avoided presidential jet due to security, not because he couldn’t shower – Dominic Nitiwul
- Papers for 2020 WASSCE were leaked – Africa Education Watch
- GAF requests new multifunctional aircraft to also serve as presidential jet
- ‘Akufo-Addo can’t shower’ on Presidential Jet comment needless – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Security on high alert in Upper East as police signal possible attack by Burkinabe bandits
- Hit-and-run driver charged with murder of teacher
- Kasoa cop killer’s case adjourned due to lack of jurors
- 2 persons shot by members of local mining taskforce at Adeiso in Eastern Region
James Town robbery: Police’s inability to solve past murder cases not assuring – Criminologist
GRA to tax E-commerce businesses
1D1F: Akufo-Addo commissions Premium Foods Factory
Former President Laurent Gbagbo returns to Ivory Coast
Rotary Club of Accra-West hands over borewells to Takaase and Awukugua Yensi in Okere District
High Court dismisses MFWA’s request for declaration of NCA’s fee as unconstitutional
Photos: The girls working as human shopping baskets
US Supreme Court upholds affordable healthcare law
Customary Land Secretariats will prevent multiple sale of land – Lands Commission
Zambia’s first president, Kenneth Kaunda dies aged 97
CIMG, Tourism, Local Government Ministries to establish Brand Index for Ghana
FR. Micheal Aggrey
Korle Bu Teaching Hospital directed not to issue Covid-19 vaccine pass card – GHS
Thief arrested on his 18th birthday gets surprise party from police
BoG launches domestic gold purchasing programme to boost reserves