Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia and radio personality, Lexis Bill have been unveiled as ambassadors for the National Fitness Day.
This was after the Minister for Youth and Sports, Mustapha Ussif launched the #NationalFitnessDay initiative.
The Ministry will be working with the Vice President, Dr Bawumia and the host of JoyFm’s Drive Time, Lexis Bill to push for the nation’s inclusivity in fitness and fitness-related programs.
“I am grateful to all our friends who have supported my campaign, our corporate partners and all patrons of #WalkWithLexis. It is time to make it bigger,” Mr Ussif said at the launch.
Meanwhile, for over 10 years, Lexis Bill has championed fitness and through his #WalkWithLexis campaign has reached out to thousands of people with the message of fitness.
According to Lexis Bill, he did this with the hope that fitness will become a national priority someday.
“The dream has been fulfilled and is a reality. I am a happy man today,” Lexis Bill said.
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Ban on V8s in Accra; who is going to monitor? Mahama quizzes government
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Ghana records $4.7bn in remittances in 2022, maintains 2nd position in Africa
- Spiritualist, 2 others arrested in connection with robbery at Awutu Bereku
- Debt Exchange: Liquidity buffer provided to support institutions that may face difficulty – John Kumah
- Fudaila emerges winner of Big Chef Season 2
- Fish prices to go up over premix fuel scarcity – Deputy Volta Chief Fisher
- Treasury bills exempted from debt exchange programme – John Kumah
- QNET launches Direct Selling Disinformation Centre
- Trading of all Soya beans must pass through Ghana Commodity Exchange – Commodity Brokers Association
- CWEIC Deputy Chairman advocates deliberate intra-trade among member countries
- Ghana invites eligible holders to exchange ₵137.3 billion of domestic notes and bonds
- Ghana needs a new crop of patriotic leaders to restore its glory – Fiifi Fiavi Kwetey
- Target children and not adolescents for typhoid vaccination – Dr. Nsiah Asare urges scientists
- 10th edition of Tech in Ghana conference ends in Accra
- Bitcoin Technology Center opens to educate local community in Ghana
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s Debt exchange programme
- Jospong Group begins 2022 service of thanksgiving