Former Finance Minister and NDC flagbearer hopeful, Dr Kwabena Duffuor has commiserated with traders who were affected by the fire outbreak at the Kejetia Central Market.
Late on Wednesday, the first and second floors of the market caught fire, resulting in the destruction of some stores.
The part of the market which was under fire is known as ‘Dubai’.
Speaking on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem show, Dr Duffuor said the incident was a very unfortunate one.
He indicated his connection with the Kejetia Market project as it is one of the last projects he worked on during the administration of the Late Prof. Mills.
“The Kejetia Market is very dear to my heart because it is one of the last projects I worked on under the Late Prof Mills,” Dr Duffuor said.
The aspiring NDC flagbearer called on the government to immediately provide the needed support to the affected traders.
Dr Duffuor also called on the Mayor of Kumasi and the Management of the market to take all necessary steps to protect lives and properties.
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Ministerial nominees: Stalemate persists; Minority determined not to approve – Ablakwa
- Global Economic Challenges: Time is right to see value of insurers – Owusu-Banahene
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Attempts by Bawumia’s supporters to politicise enskinment of new Yagbonwura disrespectful – Joyce Bawah
- Exploring the art of drum making
- Mahama begins 3-day campaign tour of the Western Region today
- Police called to Rihanna’s house after man shows up to propose
- ECG retrieves almost ¢2.5m from 2 defaulting firms in Kumasi
- South Africa opposition vows to ‘protect’ Putin from ICC arrest
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Ramadan: Nigerians face arrest for ‘eating in public’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mining companies
- AFCON 2023Q: I just want to be effective for the team – Antoine Semenyo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, March 24, 2023