Audio By Carbonatix
The Electoral Commission (EC) has set Tuesday, September 17, to determine the fate of both presidential and parliamentary candidates who have filed to contest in the 2024 General Elections.
At the start of the filing process, the EC established two committees to scrutinise the nomination forms of the various aspirants.
As the filing of nominations closes today, the EC has revealed that it is well advanced in vetting the forms received so far.
However, reports indicate that the committees have already detected multiple endorsements for some aspirants.
The Deputy Commissioner in charge of Operations, Samuel Tetteh, said the EC would announce only the names of those who successfully went through the nomination process.
 “Within the next two that is after Saturday when we have actually seen all the numbers maybe Sunday or Monday, we should be able to know all those who qualified for the next aspect which is balloting for positions on the presidential ballot paper,” he said.
Meanwhile, he said the commission has started writing to presidential aspirants who have already been found to have errors in their forms, requesting them to correct these as stipulated by law.
He explained that those who filed their forms today will, however, have until Saturday to correct any identified errors and resubmit them.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
4 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours