Bringing its API-First, Energy Efficient and DLT-Based Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) Platform to safely test new possibilities in cross-border payments.
EMTECH, a first-of-its-kind central banking infrastructure provider, announces it will take part in the recently announced Technical Sandbox Program by The Digital Dollar Project to explore the new possibilities of a U.S. CBDC “Digital Dollar”.
As one of the 4 announced technical vendors, EMTECH will bring its unique API-First and Energy Efficient CBDC Platform to test various use cases for cross-border payments.
The firm is joining a high-profile group of former U.S. regulators and financial services experts. This initiative “marks the next step in our effort to convene the private and public sector in a symbiotic exploration of a central bank digital currency in the U.S.” said Jennifer Lassiter, executive director of The Digital Dollar Project.
EMTECH’s Founder and CEO is a former Global Business and Finance Leader at IBM. In 2021, she was invited by the U.S. Congressional Financial Services Committee to testify on whether the U.S. dollar should be digital. A market leader in central banking infrastructure, EMTECH’s mission is to leverage technology to enable access to inclusive and resilient financial ecosystems.
“It’s exciting to be part of the Digital Dollar Project Sandbox and we are looking forward to collaborating with the federal government, policymakers, and private sector organizations to pilot CBDC options that encompass retail or wholesale models for cross-border payment use cases,” said Mrs. Cadet.
In her testimony, Mrs. Cadet highlighted the firm’s vision and focus on helping central
banks build modern digital cash infrastructure using blockchain and distributed ledger
technology (DLT). A consistent recommendation to the White House and the Congressional Committee is the use of a regulatory sandbox to enable faster and safer innovation from and with the private sector.
“The current ecosystem for cross-border payments is a complex nightmare for Financial Service Providers to navigate. EMTECH’s CBDC Platform, with its API-First approach and high-performance DLT, is a more modern design that we’re excited to bring to the Technical Sandbox Program,” said Tabor Wells, Chief Technology Officer at EMTECH.
Earlier this year, the firm announced its partnership with Hedera Hashgraph to build an energy-efficient CBDC to support its newly announced G.R.E.E.N. CBDC Framework™.
It is designed to help central banks unlock unprecedented value in deploying a CBDC. A key pillar of the framework is reducing the carbon footprint of financial services, while also limiting energy demand from fragile power structures. You can learn more about the G.R.E.E.N. CBDC Framework™ at greencbdc.com and emtech.com.
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Nigeria ad regulator sues WhatsApp owner for $70m
- Ghana’s cocoa not banned – EU Ambassador
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Galamsey fight: Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency – Dr. Norman
- No firm without license will operate cybersecurity service from 2023 – Bawumia
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- Agenda 111 is making up for a 60year gap in access to healthcare facilities across Ghana – Bawumia
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- A state of emergency is long overdue – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri