The deadline for submitting entries for the eighth Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards has been extended to Friday, January 28, 2022.
Africa Magic and MultiChoice are calling on all film and television industry participants and stakeholders across the continent to take part in this celebration of the African film and TV industry by submitting their works.
Films, made-for-television movies or television series are eligible for entry to the AMVCAs if they were broadcast, publicly screened or exhibited from December 1, 2019, to November 30, 2021.
Films, made-for-television movies or television series previously entered into or nominated for an award, or awarded a prize in another film and television competition, also are eligible to be entered.
New and Returning AMVCA Categories
The AMVCAs this year will feature a new category – Best Online Social Content Creator – in recognition of the growing acceptance of content creators across Africa. For this, creators are to submit their best short-form content that has been publicly broadcast on social media or viewed between December 1, 2019, and November 30, 2021.
Returning to this year’s edition is the Best Africa Magic Drama Series and Best Africa Magic Original Comedy Series categories.
Over the years, Africa Magic has churned out hit drama series that have become family favourites across the continent, reinforcing Africa Magic’s position as the home of quality African entertainment.
Entry guidelines for the eighth AMVCAs
- Prepare a 5-minute-long show reel for your online submission
- Log on to the Africa Magic website. Click on the AMVCA eighth edition banner that will take you to a submissions page.
- Fill out the submission forms and upload the clip. A unique reference number will be allocated to each completed online submission
- Please ensure the video edit represents the category of entry and is under 300MB
- Quoting your unique reference number, send a hard drive of the submitted project to one of the following, based on your region:
4 Industrial Street, Ilupeju
For digital file delivery mechanism, entry guidelines & additional information, please visit our website at www.africamagic.tv/AMVCA
For more information, please visit www.africamagic.tv/AMVCA and follow all official handles of Africa Magic on Facebook and Instagram.
The eighth edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards is brought by Africa Magic in association with MultiChoice and is proudly sponsored by Amstel Malta.
- Accra floods twice in four days after another downpour
- Photos: Part of Accra-Tema Beach Road caves in after Monday night rains
- Sir John did not declare his assets
- Photos: Floods cause severe damage to parts of Accra
- Be circumspect about Sir John’s will; none of us will live to be stones – Former Aide
- 16-year-old girl stabbed to death in a fight over alleged boyfriend
- ‘Deem Sir John’s alleged land ownership at Achimota Forest, Ramsar Site void’ – Jinapor directs Lands, Forestry Commissions
- I shouldn’t have abandoned VIP – Friction
- Adwoa Safo expected to appear before Privileges Committee on May 27
- ‘Dead men don’t talk’ – Former Aide of Sir John on content of leaked will
The military to establish 15 FOBs in the northern regions – Defence Minister
‘The threat is real’ – Defence Minister on terrorist threats
Tragedy as man dies mid-flight from Accra to Washington
Monkeypox: Cases detected in three more countries for first time
African Liberation Week: How a Pan-African movement is driving African youth to action for African Liberation
At least 15 dead in Texas primary school shooting
GFA maintain Otto Addo as head coach; Boateng, Dramani and Hughton also stay at post
E.I 144 is in breach of Act 925 – Minority on declassification of Achimota Forest
‘Charity begins at home; comply with asset declaration law’ – Speaker tells MPs
Playback: One-on-one with Defence Minister on threat of terrorism in Ghana on PM Express
Girl whose foster mother burnt her fingers needs Psychological attention – Clinical psychologist recommends
Female enrollment in tertiary education seeing steady progress at Webster University Ghana Campus
Current fuel reserves can last four weeks — NPA assures public
‘See something, say something campaign’: Everybody must get involved – Osafo-Maafo
Alltech honours international agricultural journalists during annual ONE Conference