Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana Football Association is complaining of missing letters from the heap of documents taken away by the Economic and Organised Crimes Office (EOCO).
The anti-graft unit raided the GFA offices last week and took away documents and nine computers after securing a court warrant.
The raid according to officials of EOCO, was to facilitate investigation into some alleged financial malfeasance by the FA officials.
The action provoked a storm of controversy with the Ghana League Clubs Association voting to suspend all local leagues in the country and FIFA threatening to ban the country if the government interfered with the activities of football administration in the country.
Cool heads appear to have prevailed with GHALCA calling off the league suspension and the EOCO returning the seized documents and computers.
But the GFA Vice Chairman Fred Pappoe told Joy Sports some key documents were missing from the pile returned to the FA on Monday.
“With respect to the files they have returned almost all of them but we realized there are about close to five or six letters missing in some particular files. Files relating to Puma and Onetouch,” he said.
“We have drawn their attention to it,” he indicated.
Puma is the official kits sponsor of the national teams, while Onetouch (mobile telephony service now known as Vodafone) previously sponsored the national league).
According to him, EOCO has admitted those letters were missing from the pile returned and has undertaken to search and return them to the FA.
Meanwhile the last matches of the first round of the GLO Premier League will be held Sunday after which the league will take a short break during the festive season.
The second round begins on January 9, 2011.
Story by Nathan Gadugah/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
‘If you want to imprison me over my friendship with Bawumia, go ahead’ – Rev. Kusi Boateng
17 minutes -
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
2 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
2 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
3 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
3 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
3 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
3 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
3 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
3 hours -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
3 hours -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
3 hours -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
3 hours -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
3 hours -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
3 hours -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
3 hours