A Political Scientist, Dr Richard Amoako Baah is worried about the extent of damage the Akufo-Addo government will cause before exiting the office.
According to him, “every single day this man remains the President, the country is in peril.”
Speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show, Dr Baah said the President is incapable of running the affairs of the country that would transform the lives of its people.
“We set our system up to fail. Everything is at the pleasure of the President. So if we are not lucky and he is incapable as we’ve seen in this government this is what is going to happen.
“You advise him, but he doesn’t listen so there is nothing for you to do but to watch him. I supported him wholeheartedly now I have seen the result and I can’t say otherwise,” he stated.
Dr Baah, therefore, called for a new constitution that would reinstate checks and balances in the governance of the country.
“We need to write a new constitution, this one cannot be amended, it is broken. Write it with inbuilt checks and balances. Take some powers away from a particular arm of government,” he stated.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR
- Stars in Worship 2022: A night of pure worship and gifts
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition
- Belgium’s Eden Hazard announces international retirement
- World Lottery boss, other global lottery leaders in Ghana for ‘NLA@60’
- Reduction of benchmark discount may have contributed to rising inflation – Deloitte
- Dilapidated Adjiringanor ADMA Basic School becoming a death trap