Audio By Carbonatix
Tension is brewing in the Convention People’s Party (CPP) after a recommendation by its Disciplinary Committee to reinstate two suspended national officers was rejected.
Deputy Youth Organiser, Fafafe Sewornu and some party youth were allegedly assaulted by some ‘security men’ at the CPP headquarters on Monday.
The Youth Organiser of the party, Ernesto Yeboah and the General Secretary Nii Armah Akomfrah were suspended by the Central Committee of the CPP, for contradicting the flagbearer's position on the Ford Expedition gift to President Mahama.
The Disciplinary Committee of the party after an investigation cleared the two of any wrondoing and recommended their reinstatement.
The party's Central Committee vehemently rejected the recommendations by the Committee, saying the committee was only tasked to ‘examine the issues brought against the two and advise the Central Committee accordingly.’
A member the Disciplinary Committee, Dede Amanor-Wilks, told Joy News they were yet to be officially informed of the rejection of their recommendations.
The embattled executives, however, decided to report to work on Monday, August 1 after the exoneration by the Disciplinary Committee.
Their presence at the party headquarters on Monday morning created some misunderstanding according to the Deputy Youth Organiser, Fafafe Sewornu.
He alleged that some macho men were ordered not to allow Ernesto, Nii Armah and the youth who are supporting them enter into the party office.
“Some other party officers who came were allowed to enter the place but some of us were not granted access, and when I tried to question them, it brought some sort of exchanges,’ Fafafe Serwornu indicated.
He said he and some others had been invited by the Nima Police to assist in restoring peace at the party headquarters.
Latest Stories
-
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
54 minutes -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
1 hour -
When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis
2 hours -
Aksa bribery scandal exposes deeper failures in Ghana’s procurement system – Manhyia South MP
2 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
2 hours -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
2 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
3 hours -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
3 hours -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
3 hours -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
3 hours -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
3 hours -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
3 hours -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
4 hours -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
4 hours -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
4 hours