Asante Kotoko Chief Executive Officer, Nana Yaw Amponsah has revealed Brazilian midfielder Fabio Gama is ready to make his debut after being granted a work permit.
Gama, who joined the Porcupine Warriors on a free transfer, has not featured for the club since October due to work permit issues. His fitness was also a concern.
In an interview with Kumasi-based Oyerepa FM, Amponsah revealed that those issues have been settled and the Brazilian will get his chance to prove his worth soon.
“His working permit was the only challenge but that has been sorted,” he said.
The 2019 GFA presidential candidate also revealed that the club went for Gama because they could not afford Matthew Cudjoe who made the switch to Legon Cities.
“Fabio Gama is the replacement of Anim Cudjoe because we couldn’t afford Anim Cudjoe.”
Kotoko have not made a great start to the season. They are currently 7th on the Ghana Premier League table with eight points while facing elimination from the Caf Champions League.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
- Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
DR Congo Eid clashes: Court hands down death sentences
10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
Twitter for iOS begins prompting users to enable App Tracking option
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected