Vodafone Ghana has congratulated Philomena Tengey, the National Best Female Farmer and Boris Baidoo, the Best National Digital Farmer, at the 2019 National Farmers’ Day celebrations.
As part of the telco’s support for this year’s celebrations, the two farmers were each presented with a cash amount of Gh¢15,000, smartphones and Vodafone Farmers’ Club SIMs.
Additionally, they received airtime and data for 12 months, as well as free access to farmers’ helpline and useful information on crop and Agric.
Tawa Bolarin, Director of Enterprise Business Unit at Vodafone Ghana congratulated all the “farmers who serve as the lifelines of the economy; producing the crops and items that have defined Ghana and its exporting prowess.
“Our commitment is to empower females and promote digitalization in agriculture. We believe that driving innovation in agriculture will bridge the gap between farmers and critical farming information.
“Through our Farmers’ Club initiative, we will continue to connect farms, agribusinesses and rural communities to drive productivity, profitability and innovation.’’
Vodafone also presented Gh¢10,000 to the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) ahead of this year’s National Farmers’ Day event.
All the winners at this year’s event also received Vodafone Farmers’ Club SIMs and smartphones in line the telco’s unwavering commitment to promoting agricultural in Ghana.
This year, Vodafone extended its support to the Best Digital Farmer, in fulfilment of a promise made last year, to celebrate farmers who among other things use innovative and new technology in their operations.
The 35th edition of the National Farmers Day celebration was held in the Volta region.
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black