Audio By Carbonatix
A first-year female student has reportedly been denied admission to Kwahu Ridge Senior High Technical School (SHTS) in the Eastern Region due to her health condition.
The 14-year-old student’s father, Gideon Kissi, made the claim during an interview on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem, alleging that his daughter was turned away because she has sickle cell disease.
Mr. Kissi revealed that each crisis episode typically lasts between three and four hours when it occurs, but it happens intermittently, usually every four to six months, and most often at dawn.
According to him, the school was informed about the child’s medical condition when he went to collect her prospectus.
School authorities allegedly instructed the family to provide her medical report upon reporting to school.
However, when the student arrived at the school on Tuesday, October 21, 2025, she was allegedly denied admission.
“Her mother took her to the school, and they were told she could not be admitted. The excuse was that the school has no vehicle to transport her to Atibie Government Hospital in case of a crisis. So they had to bring all her items back home. My daughter is distraught and sad because all her friends are in school,” Mr. Kissi said.
He added that efforts to obtain an official transfer letter or documentation to facilitate her placement in another school have so far failed.
“The plan was to seek admission at Kwahu SHS, which is closer to home so she could be a day student, but we’ve not been successful because the school refused to give us a letter or any document to assist us,” he explained.
As of now, Kwahu Ridge SHTS authorities have not responded publicly to the allegations.
Latest Stories
-
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
25 minutes -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
29 minutes -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
35 minutes -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
51 minutes -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
56 minutes -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
58 minutes -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
1 hour -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
2 hours -
Prayer does not solve everything — Ohemaa Mercy
3 hours -
New PURC office symbolises stronger consumer protection – Dr Jinapor
3 hours -
Rev. Wengam re-elected Assemblies of God, Ghana General SuperintendentÂ
3 hours -
Less than 20km of clearing left to connect Accra-Kumasi Expressway to Kumasi – Agbodza
3 hours -
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
4 hours -
MCEs collecting fees from galamseyers are facilitating illegality – Ken Ashigbey
4 hours -
Developer LMI Holdings commits to completing first 700 Saglemi housing units
4 hours