As part of its commitment to positively contribute to the Liberation Road landscape, FBNBank Ghana, a subsidiary of First Bank Nigeria Limited has commissioned decorative lighting at the 37 Roundabout.
The initiative, which is meant to keep the nights bright and exciting during the festive season has brought about a significant change to the ambience of the entire 37 area.
On any given day, the 37 Roundabout, officially known as the Akuafo Circle, is unable to lighten the mood of the hundreds of thousands of commuters that travel through the 37 arearegularly, especially in the evenings.
This includes staff and visitors of institutions in its neighbourhood like the one which gave it its name, the 37 Military Hospital.
The decorative lighting on display at the 37 Roundabout is an intricate artwork which comprises of Christmas tree of lights, lighted baubles and various Christmas and traditional Ghanaian symbols made from water proof rope lights and oversized Christmas balls.
These have attracted scores of commuters to the 37 Roundabout to take pictures, including selfies as a way of capturing memories of their celebration of the festive season.
The Bank’s activation of the decorative lighting forms part of the beautification of the metropolis initiative, ‘Light Up the City 2020’ in collaboration with the Accra Metropolitan Assembly, La Dadekotopon Municipal Assembly, Jandel and other partners.
“FBNBank is passionate about putting its stakeholders at the heart of our business. This initiative is typical of the little things which we believe bring happiness to people in our communities.
It is a testament to how in touch we are with our communities and also provides a backdrop for capturing the resilience of the people in the wake of the global pandemic” said Victor Yaw Asante, Managing Director of FBNBank Ghana.
He disclosed that the partnership with the beautification of the metropolis project forms part of the bank’s community engagement activities that includes offering support aimed at positively impacting local businesses, the community and the people.
Commenting on the Christmas lighting decoration, Group Head for Business Development at FBNBank Ghana, Azubike Obi announced that FBNBank Ghana had launched a Selfie Contest to reward people who take pictures at the 37 Roundabout with the decorative Christmas lights as a backdrop and post them on the Bank’s social media handles.
According to him, the Bank believes this would be a great way of capturing the mood of Ghanaians after a rather challenging 2020, which saw the world brought virtually to its knees by the COVID-19 pandemic. He urged all to keep practicing the COVID-19 preventive protocols.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2023
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Livestream: PM Express discusses DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- All set for Kwabena Kwabena’s ‘Vitamilk Love Night’ show on Feb. 11
- Non-participation in DDEP will prolong efforts to resolve current economic crisis – Ofori-Atta
- If you want to get the best out of your employee, compensate them – HR Instructor advises employers
- Sign up for debt exchange ahead of deadline – Ofori-Atta counsels bondholders
- Joy Entertainment Unpacked: Highlighting Guiltybeatz’s Grammys recognition
- DDEP will bring economic stability and growth – Finance Minister
- Ankaful inmates get medical supplies from Tobinco Pharmaceuticals
- Suame traders fume; resist planned demolition of market
- Jesse Morgan recruits Celestine Donkor for inspiring single, Wataban (Wings of God)
- Diaspora Girls’ Senior High School launches 20th anniversary celebration
- Legendary Agya Koo Nimo celebrated by Judahland Empire