FIFA says it has extended Benfica defender Luisao’s two-month ban to apply worldwide, preventing him from playing in the Champions League away to Celtic on Wednesday.
Luisao will also miss matches against Barcelona and Spartak Moscow, Benfica’s other group opponents, after he pushed over a referee during a pre-season friendly in Germany.
The Portuguese football federation imposed the two-month ban last Friday, excluding Luisao from all domestic matches.
The FIFA ban also excludes the Brazil international from friendlies next month when the 2014 World Cup host plays Iraq in Malmo, Sweden, and Japan in Wroclaw, Poland.
Luisao was sanctioned after appearing to collide with the referee, knocking him to the ground, as he ran up to dispute a decision in an Aug. 11 game at Fortuna Duesseldorf.
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Ghana will soon deploy automated traffic policing system – MTTD
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- About 700 residents in Yapei rendered homeless after rainstorm
- Vaccine and safety protocols helping to prevent spread of Covid-19 – GHS
- UEFA and Premier League hit out at European Super League plans amid reports clubs set to announce breakaway
- Ghana Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors swears in new board
- Ghana Mission in Washington, others donate $59,850 to Covid-19 fund
Ghana’s investment climate attractive – Oppong Nkrumah
36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
Joint stakeholder group to examine unethical media content to be setup – Oppong Nkrumah
2 men killed as Tesla without anyone in the driver’s seat crashes into tree and catches fire
Today’s front pages: Monday, April 19, 2021
GIPC to ensure $2.7bn investment yields full benefits
Black Stars Coaches Arrears: Appiah and Akonnor paid combined $213,000
Don’t panic you will get a second Covid-19 vaccines jab as soon as possible – GHS
Cargill to begin ‘Safe Water Access’ project in cocoa-growing communities
Nana Kwadwo Jantuah: Beyond the galamsey dialogue, what next?
Teen charged in killing of 45-year-old Ghanaian Lyft driver in the US
‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
Bawumia is Ghana’s best Vice President – Ama Busia
Enact regulatory framework to control access to internet pornography – Razak Opoku