The French Ambassador, Anne Sophie-Avé, together with her manager and team were in Kumasi and some parts of the Bono region as part of her ‘Meet and Connect” initiative.
According to her, the initiative was propelled by the hospitality exhibited by Ghanaians to her after her appointment in the office.
In an interview, she said, as a result of this kind gesture from Ghanaians, “I decided to embark on a ‘Thank You’ tour to show my appreciation and also meet and connect with the youth in Kumasi and Sunyani.”
She added that “the only way you can get to know a country is by being in contact with the youth, as they are the ones who will shape tomorrow.”
The French Ambassador, during her tour, also visited the chiefs and people of Begho in the Bono Region, where she was installed as the Nkosuahemaa (Development Queen) of the town, under the stool name “Nana Benneh III”.
She donated stationery, footballs and other items to the people of Begho.
Madam Anne Sophie Ave, with the Ghanaian name Akosua, also visited the Twene Amanfo Senior High School in Sunyani.
Additionally, the Ambassador was also in Kumasi to meet the Pro-Vice Chancellor of KNUST and the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS-KNUST) leaders. She was also honoured with a citation for her dedicated, loyal and faithful service to Ghana.
She also had an interaction with her fans in Kumasi during the ‘Meet & Connect’ session.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups
- Lordable Holm Ministry holds Thanksgiving and Testimony concert at Osu ICGC
- Akosua Adjepong eulogises her mum
- There will be no ban on cocoa from Ghana – EU Ambassador to Ghana