Former Black Stars player Frimpong Manso considers Baba Rahman's protracted move to Stamford Bridge will come to an end soon, and when it does, it will be a good decision.
Despite German side Augsburg rejecting an earlier bid from the Blues, reports indicate Chelsea have agreed terms with Rahman and is expected to complete the move by the end of the week.
The Blues’ season opener against Swansea showed deficiencies in the champions’ defence and Jose Mourinho is eager to strengthen the left-back department with the Ghanaian.
Bearing in mind the players currently at the disposal of Mourinho, Frimpong Manso believes the left-back will be a success at the Bridge.
“Looking at the fact that now Chelsea have disposed off Filipe Luis, it is now left with Azpilicueta and looking at the way he has improved so far, now he has played for two German teams,” Manso told Joy Sports.
“I believe it is an opportunity for him and although I didn’t expect him to reach this height that early, He is still young and I believe he should try and take this opportunity.”
“He should be calm he shouldn’t try and please the whole world in one game.”
“So I believe they have seen something in unique in him that is why a coach of the calibre of Mourinho will decide to come for him. So I think he can, it is a gamble he must take.”
Frimpong Manso was the first coach to offer Baba Rahman a national call-up when he called the youngster to the national under-17 team.
Follow Kweku on Twitter: @nana_odum. Get more updates on Facebook/Twitter with the #JoySports hashtag
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- GES dispels claims that SHS 3 students reopening date has been postponed again
- Social media users react to Akuapem Poloo’s bail
- Police and NCA officers shut down Nana Agradaa’s Thunder TV, Ice1 TV
- Adu-Boahen elevated to Minister of State at Finance Ministry, Okraku-Mantey gets Deputy Tourism Minister position
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Florentino Perez blames Premier League club for ‘infecting’ Super League project
Ghana School of Law to celebrate legacy of Okyeame Baffour Osei Akoto
World’s highest daily rise in Covid cases in India, record deaths
Elizabeth Ohene: How much are we paid?
Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment: Every public contract must conform to transparency rule – CDA Director
Enabling livelihoods through food innovations in post-Covid Northern Ghana
MTN Ghana Foundation donates PPEs to Tema General Hospital
ADB presents ¢570,000 to 2020 National Best Farmer
Ghana to experience buoyant economic growth in 2nd half-year – Fitch Solutions
MultiChoice Content Showcase unveils must watch list for 2021
Are cell phone calls on airplane flights inevitable?
Patrick George Quantson: Technology as a tool for overcoming social challenges
Don’t use ABFA to fill expenditure gaps – PIAC to government
Covid-19: US to advise against travel to 80% of countries
Inusah Alhassah: How Colonel Kwadwo Damoah redefined Customs Division of GRA