The National Petroleum Authority has rescinded its decision to increase fuel margin to 17 pesewas per litre.
In a communique dated May 4, NPA revealed that the prices of fuel per litre would be reduced by 9 pesewas starting from Wednesday, May 5.
“The 17 pesewas per litre increase in fuel margins previously announced by the NPA has been reduced to 9 pesewas per litre effective tomorrow Wednesday 5th may 2021.”
The reduction of fuel prices comes on the back of several backlashes from some Ghanaians expressing frustration with the new fuel prices.
In the early hours of Tuesday, some major Oil Marketing Companies started adjusting fuel prices upward at the pumps, following the implementation of some taxes and levies introduced in the 2021 National Budget by the National Petroleum Authority.
The move which was greeted with several critics saw the petroleum authority called for a meeting on Wednesday with the Energy Minister and other stakeholders in its quest to seek an intervention to reduce the fuel prices.
With the intervention of the Energy Minister, Matthew Opoku Prempeh the price of fuel at the pump has been reduced.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP
- Prices of hair extensions up as festive season nears
- Government has not demonstrated ‘we are in this together’ anthem – Titus Beyuo