The Bank of Ghana (BoG) says about 25 Savings and Loans companies and 11 finance houses are currently in good standing and would, therefore, remain operational in the country.
The BoG on Friday revoked the licences of twenty-three insolvent savings and loans companies and finance house companies in the country.
According to a statement from BoG, “The revocation of the licences of these institutions has become necessary because they are insolvent even after a reasonable period within which the Bank of Ghana has engaged with them in the hope that they would be recapitalized by their shareholders to return them to solvency.”
Check the full list of the Savings and Loans companies in good standing below:
- ABii National Savings and Loans Ltd
- Adehyeman Savings and Loans Company Ltd.
- Advans Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Asa Savings and Loans Company Ltd.
- Assurance Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Bond Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Best Point Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Bayport Savings and Loans Plc.
- Direct Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Equity Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Golden Link Savings & Loans Ltd.
- Golden Pride Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Izwe Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Jins Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Letshego Ghana Savings and Loans Plc
- Multi Credit Savings & Loans Co. Ltd.
- Opportunity International Savings and Loans Co. Ltd.
- Pacific Savings & Loans Co. Ltd.
- Pan-African Savings and Loans Company Ltd.
- Progress Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Services Integrity Savings and Loans Ltd.
- SIC Life Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Sinapi Aba Savings and Loans Company Ltd.
- The Seed Funds Savings and Loans Ltd.
- Utrak Savings and Loans Ltd.
- 4 die as bus carrying choristers plunges into a river
- Commercial drivers to embark on indefinite strike from Monday
- Teacher union to demonstrate on December 15 over laptop deductions
- Mourinho fumes after Roma defeat: ‘There’s a reason we earn a lot more than journalists’
- ‘Legislative hooliganism’ affecting Parliament – Kweku Baako
- Trump social media firm raises $1bn from investors
- I don’t like being a role model and never tried to be the best – Messi
- Belgian zoo hippos test positive for Covid-19
- Kumasi Habitat Fair: Patrons get their land disputes resolved
- Akufo-Addo temporarily bans Ministers, deputies from international travel
Indonesia Consulate in Ghana commiserates with Indonesia volcano victims
Army Col. Edward Shames, the last remaining member of World War II’s ‘Band of Brothers,’ dies at 99
I’m always fair when presiding over matters of Parliament – First Deputy Speaker
JoyNews’ Opoku Gakpo calls for increased investment in smallholder agriculture
Forestry Commission lifts ban on hunting in forests
Playback: The Probe discusses dramatic twists and turns in Parliament over 2022 budget
African Amputee Football Cup of Nations: Sports Ministry to facilitate return flight of stranded champions
Ghana Oil and Gas Award: Full list of 2021 winners
There was no proper quorum formed for Bagbin’s rule – Lawyer
Acting Speaker can’t form a quorum or vote – Prof Abotsi
Panelists at AGRA Farmers’ Day Event call for better collaborations to improve agriculture
Akufo-Addo temporarily bans Ministers, deputies from international travel
Commercial drivers to embark on indefinite strike from Monday
Marince Omario, Black Sherif, Spacely others thrill fans at maiden ‘Gbonyo Party’
Teacher union to demonstrate on December 15 over laptop deductions