A Dietician with the Trust Hospital and Clinics, Wise Letsa has stated that garlic does not cure high blood pressure also known as hypertension as many have been made to believe.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Ultimate Health Sunday, the Dietician noted that although the spice has been proven to have a considerable number of health benefits, it doesn’t completely cure the medical condition.
He advised that must develop a healthy lifestyle including, healthy diet, regular exercise and sleep in order to prevent having high blood pressure.
“There is no point in taking garlic to sort of cure your hypertension. You need a healthy diet. Garlic can be part of your spices that you use. Actually we advise people to depend on natural spices rather than the artificial ones like cubes, which contains a lot of sodium.
“So you can use garlic as part of your spices you use for stew, soup and all that but it is not a cure for hypertension as people presume,” he told host Nortey Dua.
Mr Letsa who was contributing to a discussion on the “Challenges of Managing Diabetes & Hypertension” also added that modern studies have made the lives of persons with the conditions easy.
“These days dieting for these conditions is not really about avoiding whole foods. It is about eating the right food, right quantity, and at the right time,” he said.
He further added that the intake of sugar does not cause diabetes.
According to him, it is the inability of the body system to process and use up the end product of energy-giving foods is that amounts to diabetes.
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Mother of 8-year-old boy without feet calls for support
ADB denies shifting from core business to real estate
CSIR to revive Scientific Instrumentation to take care of faulty equipment
Affail Monney beats a retreat and apologises for ‘any misimpression’
Boys development advocate calls for global observance of World Day For the Boy
Papa’s Pizza donates boxes of pizza to Chief Imam
Full text: Affail Monney’s apology statement over attack on Citi FM journalists
Yamkela Makupula: Decolonising Africa’s economies is the solution to an integrated continent
NRSA upscales road safety measures on highways
Enterprise Life names Diana Hamilton and Kofi Kinaata as brand ambassadors
Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
Domestic violence still rife in Upper West Region – Action Aid Ghana
Tokyo 2020: United States track and field team cancels pre-Olympic training in Japan
NCCE urges security agencies to be neutral
Aymeric Laporte switch from France to Spain approved by Fifa