The Garu District Director of the Ghana Education Service (GES) Philip Fredrick Alale, collapsed during the 66th Independence Day celebration parade.
It happened while Mr Alale was standing on the dais with other dignitaries.
Adom News’ Halidas Dasmani reports that Mr Alale stood in the scorching sun for hours and it is believed that might have resulted in his fainting.
The incident occurred while members of a school cadet were displaying their drill skills amid the playing of the national anthem and other patriotic tunes.
The Director was quickly rushed to a nearby health facility in a pick up truck.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Agotime Ziope DCE attacks NPP’s Dzifa Kaledzi; leaves her with an eye injury
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Reliving 21 years ago armed robbery attack on me and my family
- Adom TV launches new season of ‘Adepam’ competition
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Ghana Association of Writers pays tribute to Ama Ata Aidoo
- Ghanaian student shines at George C. Marshall High School Awards in the USA
- There are no record labels in Ghana – Empress Gifty
- Full judgement: Supreme Court’s ruling on Gyakye Quayson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Davido reveals how he met his wife, Chioma
- Apple expected to launch mixed-reality headset at WWDC
- Gaddafi’s son goes on hunger strike in Lebanon – lawyer
- Ghetto Kids lose out in Britain’s Got Talent final
- NDC must set new standards in governance when voted into power – Mahama