An online platform that will directly link Ghanaian Agribusinesses to counterparts in the European Union (EU) market has been launched in Accra.
The Ghana-EU Agribusiness Platform is a partnership of the European Chamber of Commerce in Ghana (EuroCham Ghana), and the Chamber of Agribusiness Ghana (CAG) with funding from the EU.
It forms part of the EU’s broader vision of establishing the AU-EU Agri-Food Platform that will catalyse sustainable and inclusive investments in African agriculture.
Speaking in an interview at the launch, the Treasurer of EuroCham Ghana, Mr Andrea Ghai, said businesses that would subscribe to the platform would benefit from different information about market opportunities.
“Ghana can learn from what the Europeans are doing and get what’s best from them. The European countries too may need materials for secondary products and to feed their industries,” he said.
The platform incorporates several features such as calendar of agribusiness-related events, digital library of relevant publications and an agribusiness directory which benefits registered members by creating visibility and market linkages for their agribusinesses.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of CAG, Mr Anthony Morrison said the platform would ensure that the data of members are protected.
He said it would be done through the application of the EU data protection law and that of Ghana to ensure that they do not infringe on the privacy of members or provide undue advantage to competitors in the market.
However, the First Trade Counsellor of the Delegation of the EU to Ghana, Mr Raffaelle Quarto said the Union is seeking to create a strategic linkage with Africa.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display