Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana National Gas Company (GNCC) Limited would within the next few days, push its first gas from the Atuabo Gas Processing to the Karpowership.
All the engineering works, electrical connections and laying of pipelines to power the relocated Karpowership from Tema to the Sekondi Naval Base is 98 percent complete, Head of Corporate Communication Ernest Owusu Bempah, has disclosed.
The government took a decision to move the 470 megawatts Karpowership to Sekondi Naval Base to enable operations to draw natural gas from Atuabo Gas Processing plant to power the powership.
The Ghana News Agency reported that, Mr. Bempah, speaking with journalists in Takoradi in the Western Region on the progress of work, expressed joy about the work done so far.
He said currently, hydrogen was being pushed through the pipelines to flush them and ensure there were no leakages as well as to clear the lines for the free flow of gas, adding that all things being equal, the powership would become operational by October 31.
He pointed out that the eight-kilometer onshore and the 1.3 km offshore pipelines linking the Karpowership, the tie-in point, have all been successfully laid, test of electrical connections and the metering gauge have all been fixed.
Mr Bempah said Ghana Gas will be supplying the powership 60 to 90 minimum continuous stable flow (mcsf) gas on daily basis, adding that Ghana Gas has more than 350mcsf gas and would be able to meet the demands of the powership.
The Head of Corporate Communications commended the engineers and all the staff who worked tirelessly to ensure the successful relocation of the powership without recording any incidents.
Mr Bempah attributed the success story to the indigenisation of the company and putting in place of health and safety measures which he noted, have helped the company not to record any incidents.
The Ghana News Agency reported that, Mr. Bempah, speaking with journalists in Takoradi in the Western Region on the progress of work, expressed joy about the work done so far.
He said currently, hydrogen was being pushed through the pipelines to flush them and ensure there were no leakages as well as to clear the lines for the free flow of gas, adding that all things being equal, the powership would become operational by October 31.
He pointed out that the eight-kilometer onshore and the 1.3 km offshore pipelines linking the Karpowership, the tie-in point, have all been successfully laid, test of electrical connections and the metering gauge have all been fixed.
Mr Bempah said Ghana Gas will be supplying the powership 60 to 90 minimum continuous stable flow (mcsf) gas on daily basis, adding that Ghana Gas has more than 350mcsf gas and would be able to meet the demands of the powership.
The Head of Corporate Communications commended the engineers and all the staff who worked tirelessly to ensure the successful relocation of the powership without recording any incidents.
Mr Bempah attributed the success story to the indigenisation of the company and putting in place of health and safety measures which he noted, have helped the company not to record any incidents.DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
2 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
2 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
3 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
3 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
3 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
3 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
3 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
3 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
4 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
4 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
4 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
4 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
4 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
4 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
5 hours