I have been a board member for the CSIR Institutional Review Board for over 4 years. Contributing my quota as a communications person I feel this is the time that I am most useful.
This is the time where the government has to be really serious with research.
Sitting in the various meetings and speaking to researchers at Noguchi scientists I was told government spending in research is not more than 10%.
The last time any proper investments were done in Nugochi was in 2009, 11 years ago. From the scientists I spoke with indications were that foreign organisations with their varied interests put money into their research and take away the data or breakthroughs.
It is time we got serious as a country. Set up a research fund to investigate various diseases including a possible vaccine for malaria.
Malaria is killing more children below 5, pregnant women, and older people, more than Corona.
Yes, I reckon this is a national emergency but as part of the short to medium term solutions in the health sector, we cannot do without research.
Set up a strong National Institutional Review Board where scientists can easily get permits to conduct research. If we want to make Ghana a pharmaceutical hub as we claim, then this is one of the ways.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
4 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,519
Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss