Audio By Carbonatix
An official of the Ghanaian Embassy in Cairo Egypt says the Embassy has not received any reports of Ghanaians being attacked by Egyptian fans as being reported in the Ghanaian media.
The Finder newspaper on Tuesday reported that some Ghanaians resident in Cairo had been attacked by Egyptian football fans without any provocation.
According to the paper, the Egyptian fans allegedly resorted to assaulting the Ghanaians because of their disappointment over the Pharaoh’s 6 -1 defeat to the Black Stars of Ghana in the first leg of the play-off phase of the Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifiers.
However, speaking to Yaw Acheampong, host of Radio Universe’ ‘Inside Afrika’ programme via telephone from Cairo Tuesday, an official of Ghana’s Embassy in Egypt who prefers to be anonymous, said the embassy has not received any such reports.
Although she did not rule out the possibility of attacks on Ghanaians by Egyptian fans, the official at Ghana’s Diplomatic Mission in Egypt asserted that “no one has come here till now for this reason…Perhaps after a while, I don’t know.”
Latest Stories
-
Nana Aba Anamoah names Doreen Andoh and Kwasi Twum as her dream interviewees
13 minutes -
Nana Aba Anamoah rates Mahama’s performance
45 minutes -
Religious Affairs Minister urges Christians to embrace charity and humility as Lent begins
1 hour -
Religious Affairs Minister calls for unity as Ramadan begins
1 hour -
Willie Colón, trombonist who pioneered salsa music, dies aged 75
2 hours -
Guardiola tells team to chill with cocktails as Man City pile pressure on Arsenal
3 hours -
Majority blasts Minority over Burkinabe border bloodbath claims
4 hours -
Analyst says Burkina Faso killings were a calculated signal to Ghana
5 hours -
Veep extends Ramadan greetings, donates to Cape Coast Central Mosque
6 hours -
UBIDS secures $6.6m prefabricated classroom complex to end space deficit
7 hours -
Gold Fields Ghana Foundation deepens childhood cancer awareness drive; invests $4.8m in community health
7 hours -
Iran students stage first large anti-government protests since deadly crackdown
7 hours -
Fire guts Saboba Hospital’s Children Ward
9 hours -
Interior Ministry extends aptitude test dates for WASSCE applicants in 2025/26 security services recruitment
9 hours -
National Investment Bank donates GH₵1m to support GAF barracks redevelopment project
10 hours
