Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) Cohort 4 Awardees at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) have donated equipment to the Kumasi Central Prisons Skill Training Centre.
The items will replace obsolete equipment at the facility.
The donation worth GHC20,000 forms part of the awardees’ social responsibilities as beneficiaries of the scholarship scheme.
The items include industrial machines, sewing machines, leather works and carpentry tools, Kente sewing machines, and blacksmithing machines.
The leader of the group, Richmond Danso said the gesture is aimed at equipping the inmates with vocational skills.
He is hopeful that the donation would enable them to earn a living outside the prison.
“We donate some vocational equipment to the Kumasi central prison to equip the inmate with their vocation skills that they are learning, to contribute their quota to the development of the country, once they are out of the prison,” he said.
“We donated these items with the view of equipping inmates with the requisite skill they need in and after their sentence to earn a living. We look forward to seeing a great impact out of our donation,” he added.
Alhaji Osman Tasande, Assistant Director and Second-In-Command of the Kumasi Central prisons was grateful for the gesture.
“The machines we had at our workshop were inadequate, and they will go to complement the other machines we have. And also these machines are very rapid, very fast and will go a long way to help us in our sewing. We have those who will do shoes and slippers. These things add up to what we already have” he said.
“We really thank the GNPC scholars for this wonderful Gesture. God bless them,” he added.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022
- We have sufficient stocks of petroleum products to last into New Year – Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors
- World Bank officials laud Ghana’s Tech Lab over effective operations
- Government puts together post Covid-19 economic programme to guide IMF negotiations