Bankroller of King Faisal, Alhaji Grusah, has expressed his dissatisfaction with the club’s coaches hired earlier in the just-ended season and why he felt it was best to let them go.
In an interview with Joy Sports George Addo Jnr, the
King Faisal owner had no regrets about his ruthless style in a season where the team finished 14th
“Yes, I mean if a coach is doing well why would you want to change him? And the Serbian coach was doing his best, but every match even though we score, we end up losing at the same time. We had to let him go.”
Both coaches, Slavisa Bozicic (Serbia) and Kasim Gokyildiz (Turkey) were sacked purely due to underperformance as the club was trying so hard to get out of the relegation zone – where they found themselves for 27 of the 34 matchdays.
Andy Sinason resigned on his own and left the club in the hands of Nurudeen Amadu who was able to engineer escape on the last day of the season.
Grusah has a word for those who do not understand the way he runs his football club – even though he believes it yields results for him. “They should learn football. I have 50-something years worth of experience in the sport.”
With the way the just ended 2020/21 season went for the Kumasi-based side, the club will look to make adjustments very early to avoid any relegation scares.
The club owner confirms he is looking to bring in young talents to the club, too.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Allegations of bias against Justice Honyenuga unfounded, Opuni trial can proceed – Supreme Court
- Go to IMF for liquidity support; your finances not good – gov’t told
- CAF Confederation Cup: Hearts of Oak drawn with Algeria’s JS Saoura
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Shatta Wale and Medikal each get ¢100k bail
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
Kufuor Scholars offered scholarship at MountCrest University College
While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
‘I still feel traumatised by my experiences in EC’s strong room’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Parliament’s deliberation over Anti-LGBTQ bill could travel into 2022 – Sam George
MTN rewards customers with 5 Hyundai Sonatas under MTN @25 promo
Stacy Maweunam Amewoyi’s ‘Africa And The African’ raises questions about the continent’s fate
Facebook earns $9bn despite whistleblower scandal
UG to provide students, staff with laptops – New Vice-Chancellor announces
Joining Immigration Service will open doors for us to become billionaires – Applicants
International capital market debt constitutes 46% of Ghana’s external debt
Schoolboys ‘burn dormitory over Liverpool match’
Netflix scrambled internally to suppress a controversial movie from search results
Scrap petroleum tax to provide relief – Minority
Vodafone Ghana to deliver unmatched experiences and innovative products
Anglican leader ‘concerned’ by Ghana anti-gay bill