Audio By Carbonatix
Dr Clement Apaak, Deputy Minister for Education, has assured candidates of this year's Basic Education Certificate Examinations (BECE) that the government is committed to improving the infrastructure at Senior High Schools (SHSs) across the country to absorb them.
He said this was to ensure their smooth transition to SHS and provide a conducive learning environment for them.
Dr Apaak gave the assurance when he toured some BECE centres in Tamale on Monday to interact with candidates, invigilators and school authorities.
He was accompanied by Mr Alhassan Alidu Jnr, Northern Regional Director of Education, amongst other officials from the Regional Directorate of Education.
Dr Apaak said the government had already begun implementing measures to address food shortages in schools while also expanding infrastructure such as accommodation and classroom facilities to support academic excellence.
He said: "Government acknowledges the gaps and is working to address infrastructural challenges in various Senior High Schools across the country."
He encouraged the candidates to remain focused and confident throughout the examination period, expressing optimism that the government's efforts would ease their academic journeys in the years ahead.
Some candidates expressed confidence in passing the examinations and looked forward to continuing their education at the SHS level with improved educational facilities.
School authorities lauded the Minister's visit, describing it as a morale booster for both the candidates and staff.
This year's BECE, which began on Wednesday, June 11, is taking place across all 16 regions of the country, with thousands of candidates participating in the week-long examination.
Latest Stories
-
India’s parody ‘cockroach party’ claims website has been blocked
43 seconds -
I survived a missile strike in the Strait of Hormuz, but my friend has not been found
6 minutes -
Man killed in shark attack off Australia’s north-east coast
9 minutes -
Girl raped by boys spared jail tells BBC judge’s decision was like ‘rock in my face’
13 minutes -
Four dead and dozens injured in wave of Russian strikes on Kyiv
37 minutes -
Ageing and Longevity: Lessons from a 109-year-old
1 hour -
Gov’t reaffirms commitment to Africa’s digital economy at AIGF launch
1 hour -
One dead, multiple injured after Russia launches wave of strikes on Ukraine
2 hours -
Gov’t targets petroleum upstream recovery after five years of consecutive decline
3 hours -
TUC welcomes ICJ ruling affirming workers’ right to strike
3 hours -
NDC teachers launch grassroots political drive in Western North
3 hours -
GN Savings and Loans to reopen first branch in Elmina – Nduom
4 hours -
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
5 hours -
Usyk keeps titles with controversial Verhoeven stoppage
5 hours -
Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House
5 hours