The Deputy Minister of Health, Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye has disclosed certain plans the President Akuffo-Addo has for the health sector, which will go a long way towards improving its ability to deal with emergencies.
According to the Deputy Minister, plans are underway for the construction of an Eastern Regional Hospital, which is estimated to cost 70 million Euros.
The project is expected to take off in December, 2020.
Speaking on the Covid-19 epidemic, he assured viewers that the government is doing the best within its powers and taking necessary precautions to protect the public.
He urged Ghanaians to avoid stigmatizing people who have recovered from the disease, explaining that anyone could get it.
“It’s just like any catarrhal condition (like flu), which has been discovered and can kill, but is like any other disease… so the same way you wear your seatbelt to save lives, adhere to the measures to keep safe”
Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye was speaking to Daniel Dadzie, host of Joy Prime’s morning show, which airs on weekdays from 6AM to 9AM.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong