The Ghana Premier League is back here with us with some interesting ties. All eyes will be at Accra and Dawu where Hearts and Kotoko are involved in tricky ties.
Hearts will be aiming to end their 3 game winless streak while Kotoko are determined to prove they have turned the corner with their last two victories.
Read the match by match preview and facts about week 8
HEARTS VS WAFA
- Hearts enter the game without a win in 3 games.
- Hearts lost to Wa All Stars, drew with Techiman City and lost to Samartex.
- Emmanuel Sarbah Laryea returns to the league squad after missing out the Techiman encounter due to suspension.
- Hears have more points away from home (8) than at home (6)
- WAFA have been poor on the road picking up 0 points on their 3 travels so far.
- The Sogakope side are yet to score away from home this season
- They have scored 9 goals so far with Samuel Tetteh scoring 5 of these.
DREAMS VS KOTOKO
- Dreams FC are unbeaten at Dawu picking up two wins and a draw
- Akonnor’s side have scored 8 goals this season with 4 of this coming at home.
- The Kweiman side have conceded only one goal at Dawu in 270 minutes of football.
- Kotoko have been poor on the road having lost all 3 games away from home.
- The Porcupines have also failed to score in all three away outings
- Kotoko have scored 6 goals this season with all goals coming from different scorers.
- The game will see Smallboy Korbah of Dreams face his former side Kotoko.
BECHEM UNITED VS WA ALL STARS
- Bechem United are unbeaten at home this season winning two and drawing one.
- The Bechem side have been struggling for goals scoring only 4 goals so far.
- They have conceded 10 goals but are yet to concede at home.
- Wa All Stars are the only unbeaten side in the league thus far.
- The Wa side have scored 10 goals so far with as many as 6 away from home.
- They also have the meanest defence conceding just two goals in seven matches.
LIBERTY VS BEREKUM CHELSEA
- Liberty have a 100% home record so far in the league.
- Liberty have scored 9 goals so far with 8 of them coming at Dansoman.
- 5 of these 9 goals have been scored by Latif Blessing
- Chelsea are winless away from home this season.
- They have 1 point from a possible 9 away from Berekum
- Saddick Adams has scored 4 of the club’s 6 goals.
- Both clubs are the only two clubs to still have a 100% home record.
- 15 goals have been scored between both sides. Latif Blessing (5) and Saddick Adams (4) have contributed to 9 of these 15 goals.
NEW EDUBIASE VS ASHANTIGOLD
- Both sides play their home matches at the Obuasi Len Clay Stadium
- Edubiase are unbeaten at Obuasi while Ashantigold lost their last game at Obuasi.
- Both sides have picked up a win each so far in the league.
- Ashantigold picked up their win in week 1 against Medeama while Edubiase picked up their win in week 2 against Dwarfs.
- Ashantigold have lost their last three games in all competitions.
- The game will see the Nuhu Brothers, (Alhassan and Fuseini) as well as Emmanuel Nti Mensah face their old club.
DWARFS VS TECHIMAN CITY
- Dwarfs will be aiming to win only their second game of the Ghana Premier League season.
- The Cape Coast side have scored only four goals so far with only 2 coming at home.
- This will be their first meeting against Techiman City in a Premier League meeting.
- The Techiman side are also winless away from home this season.
- All 10 points accumulated have been picked up at home so far.
- They are the only team with a goal difference of 0. Scoring 7 and conceding 7
ADUANA VS SEKONDI HASAACAS
- Aduana will be hoping to comeback after their first defeat in three games.
- The Dormaa side have scored only two goals at home this season.
- They have scored 3 goals in total this season with the only away goal by Bright Adjei’s wonder striker against Ashantigold.
- The Dormaa side have conceded six goals so far in the league.
- Hasaacas have let in the most goals this season shipping in as many as 13 goals.
- The Sekondi side have lost all three games away from the Essipong Stadium.
- Star striker Eric Bekoe has contributed to 4 of the club’s 9 goals in the league.
Follow Kweku on Twitter: @nana_odum. Get more updates on Facebook/Twitter with the #JoySports hashtag