It is matchday two for Europes second-tier inter-club football as Manchester United faces Moldovan club Sheriff Tiraspol, while Arsenal welcome PSV to the Emirates on Thursday.
Red Devils manager, Erik ten Hag, has warned his team that they will face a tough challenge in trying to advance into the knockout rounds of the competition.
“Europe is always something special and you don’t know your opponents that well. But I think they will be good opponents,” said the Dutchman.
“Sheriff beat Real Madrid last year, so they must be good. We have to be really well prepared to do well in this competition.”
Another key clash in the UEL sees Arsenal welcome Dutch giants PSV to the Emirates Stadium. While the Gunners’ attack has rightly been lauded in their fine start to the season, goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has also praised the defence.
“Honestly you add [William] Saliba into the back-four, who is a big boy, Ben [White] playing right-back, [Takehiro] Tomiyasu coming on, you’ve then got a back-four who are 6ft 3in each, every one of them,” said Ramsdale.
“It’s not that we were lacking in that area, it’s just about a love of defending. It’s not necessarily saying: ‘I’m not going to get bullied’, it’s: ‘I’m not going to concede a goal.”
The UEL also features Feyenoord taking on Sturm Graz, Lazio visiting Midtjylland in Denmark, Roma welcoming HJK from Finland, and a potential thriller between Sporting Braga and Union Berlin at Estádio Municipal de Braga.
The UECL is headlined by West Ham United welcoming Romania’s FCSB to the London Stadium, with the Hammers chasing a home win their quest to reach the knockout phase, while Villarreal and Fiorentina will be at home to Lech Poznan and Rigas FS respectively.
“There’s a feel-good factor again around the place, smiles back on people’s faces and of course the fans will be happy with that as well,” said West Ham star midfielder Declan Rice.
Don’t miss the New Football Season on SuperSport on DStv and GOtv. Dial *759 to reconnect, subscribe or upgrade and join in on the excitement. And while you’re on the move, you can stream matches on the DStv App. Call or WhatsApp us on 0242426050 for all Enquiries.
UEFA Europa League broadcast details
All times CAT
Thursday 15 September
18:45: Real Sociedad v Omonia Nicosia – LIVE on SuperSport Football, SuperSport Maximo 2 and SuperSport GOtv Select 2
18:45: Sheriff v Manchester United – LIVE on SuperSport Premier League, SuperSport Maximo 360 and SuperSport GOtv Football
18:45: Midtjylland v Lazio – LIVE on SuperSport Variety 3, SuperSport Maximo 1 and SuperSport GOtv Select 1
18:45: Feyenoord v Sturm Graz – LIVE on SuperSport Variety 1
18:45: Olympiakos v Freiburg – LIVE on SuperSport Variety 2
18:45: Monaco v Ferencvaros – LIVE on SuperSport La Liga, SuperSport Maximo 3 and SuperSport GOtv La Liga
21:00: Arsenal v PSV – LIVE on SuperSport Premier League, SuperSport Maximo 2 and SuperSport GOtv Football
21:00: Real Betis v Ludogorets – LIVE on SuperSport Variety 3 and SuperSport GOtv Select 1
21:00: Roma v HJK – LIVE on SuperSport La Liga, SuperSport Maximo 3 and SuperSport GOtv La Liga
21:00: Sporting Braga v Union Berlin – LIVE on SuperSport Football
UEFA Europa Conference League broadcast details
Thursday 15 September
18:45: Villarreal v Lech Poznan – LIVE on SuperSport Variety 1
21:00: West Ham United v FCSB – LIVE on SuperSport Variety 4, SuperSport Maximo 1 and SuperSport GOtv Select 2
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- 2022 World Cup: ‘Black Stars still have a big chance of making last 16’ – Otto Addo
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Access to Medicine Index ranks top pharmaceuticals globally
- Plans to secure gold for oil to be realised in March 2023
- Gbi Traditional Area installs Togbega Gabusu VII
- Mr Drew rocks Mallam-Gbawe at Seleey Concert ‘22
- ‘Nana Agradaa’ shares testimony after arrest
- Ghanaian Teacher wins Instill Education competition
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- Economic activity moderates – BoG
- Ghanaians have become too complacent about HIV – Ghana AIDS Commission boss
- As ‘father’ of the party, I don’t support any NDC executive aspirant – Mahama
- World’s longest-serving president to continue 43-year-rule
- Central University VC pushes for new legal education regime
- Hijab-wearing Nurses scare patients – Maulvi Bin Salih recounts discriminatory practices against some Muslims
- Multimedia’s HR Manager Raymond Larbie bags LLB