Audio By Carbonatix
Guinea's most wanted fugitive - a former senior military officer who escaped from prison last November - has been extradited from neighbouring Liberia, along with his son.
Ex-Col Claude Pivi will now serve his life sentence after being convicted in absentia for his role in a massacre of opposition supporters at a stadium in the capital Conakry in 2009, Guinea's military prosecutor said.
He and his son, Verny Pivi, were arrested on the border of the two states during a routine security check on Tuesday.
Photos circulating online showed Pivi looking frail and handcuffed alongside his son, who is accused of orchestrating the prison break that freed his father.
Ex-military leader Moussa Dadis Camara was also freed but was quickly recaptured.
He is serving a 20-year prison sentence for crimes against humanity.
The charges stemmed from one of the worst massacres in the nation's history - the killing of more than 156 people after troops opened fire at an opposition rally in September 2009 to demand a return of civilian rule.
Scores of women were also raped.

Known as "Coplan," Pivi served as minister of presidential security in Camara's regime.
The authorities had offered a reward of $58,000 (ÂŁ43,700) for his capture.
Pivi is back in the main prison in Conakry to serve his life sentence, military prosecutor Colonel Aly Camara said on Thursday.
"He was brought back to the central prison to serve his sentence in accordance with the law," Col Camara added.
His lawyer Abdourahmane Dabo confirmed to the BBC that Pivi had been returned home, however he expressed concern about the poor state of his health, describing him as "weak".
Following news of his arrest on Wednesday, Fatoumata Diariou Camara, one of those caught up in the violence at the rally, told AFP she was "overjoyed" that he had been recaptured.
"I pray that he will remain in prison forever," she said.
Latest Stories
-
Andre Ayew Backs Grassroots Sports as Ghana-Anhui Chamber Donates 2,120 Items for Constituency Games
2 minutes -
Hostel Owners Association accuse Rent Control of threats, unfair treatment to operators
7 minutes -
NSA opens special desk to resolve Ghana Card, school biodata mismatches
9 minutes -
Ghana hosts Kenya, Netherlands, South Africa for talks on turning climate plans into action
26 minutes -
‘Now it’s action, no talking’ – Rent Control cracks whip on hostel operators
29 minutes -
GACC, Save Our Environment Foundation train Tano South residents on corruption and accountability
31 minutes -
MOGMusic to headline Ransomed Ministries Ghana’s Total Worship 2026
35 minutes -
Multimedia Group pays courtesy call on Petrosol ahead of GSE listing
45 minutes -
Gov’t acknowledges unresolved grievances over mining damage, displacement
45 minutes -
Joy FM to host maiden Back-to-School PrayerFest ahead of new academic year
48 minutes -
Ghana must legislate minimum community development obligations for mining companies – Mireku Duker
58 minutes -
GoldBod costs could have been minimised with better planning – Prof. Bokpin
59 minutes -
GoldBod operations imposing losses on BoG balance sheet – Prof Bokpin
1 hour -
Mining must improve lives in host communities, not just national figures – Presidency
1 hour -
Nigeria influencer arrested after seizure of cocaine worth $28m destined for the UK
1 hour