Audio By Carbonatix
The Chairman of the Ghana Hajj Board, Alhaji Ben Abdallah Banda has signed a 2024 Hajj agreement with Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
The mandatory agreement, signed in Jeddah during the on-going 2024 Hajj Conference, officially confirms Ghana's participation in the 2024 Hajj pilgrimage, which is expected to take place in June this year.
With the agreement, Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Hajj and Umrah will now commence official engagements with Ghana's Hajj Board, which will include quota allocation to Ghana and other important engagements between now and the time of the Hajj.
Speaking to Saudi media after the signing ceremony, Ben Abdallah expressed satisfaction at the signing, and also gratitude to Saudi's Ministry of Hajj.
"We just signed the agreement with the Ministry of Hajj. This indicates that Ghana is formally and legitimately cleared to participate in this year’s Hajj," Alhaji Ben Abdallah Banda told the press.
"We will like to express our sincerest and heartfelt gratitude to the Minister, the Prince, and to the King himself for their commitments to ensuring a successful Hajj last year, and also ensuring that this year's Hajj becomes successful," he added.
The Ghana Hajj Board boss, who supervised his first Hajj operation last year following his appointment as Chairman a few months to the Hajj, said he has had discussions with the Saudi authorities on ways to improve Ghana's Hajj experience.

Among issues he discussed with the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, the Board Chairman revealed, is the infiltration of Ghana's Hajj camp by people who connive with others to use tourist visas and perform Hajj, using Ghana's Hajj allocations.
"This has become a source of concern to the Ghana Hajj Board because last year when they gave us the quota of 6,730, because of the huge numbers of tourism visas that some people procured, which they used to perform Hajj, it negatively impacted us."
"We have put this request before His Excellency the Deputy Hajj Minister and he has given us the assurance that they will put in place very strict measures to ensure that people do not use it to perform Hajj. They are also putting in place additional measures to ensure that people who do that are punished."
Alhaji Ben Abdallah Banda is leading Ghana's delegation to the 2024 Hajj Conference, which commenced on Monday and ended Thursday, January 11, 2024.
Latest Stories
-
Funny Face declares himself mental health advocate after recovery journey
2 minutes -
KN Foundation outreach: ‘This is not your permanent home’ – Okraku brings hope to Nsawam inmates
10 minutes -
Samson Deen sponsors Para Powerlifting team for African Championship qualification campaign
10 minutes -
Tolon NDC youth petition Asiedu Nketia over killing of party supporter ‘Alhaji’ Haruna Saibu
12 minutes -
Albert Teye wins Kia Ghana World Cup contest grand prize on Joy FM
20 minutes -
Transport Minister urges Metro Mass Transit to strengthen internal capacity for fleet expansion
28 minutes -
KN Foundation prison outreach: Amenfi Central MP moved by sight of ‘very young boys’ as football legends visit inmates
28 minutes -
Sweety Aborchie Writes: Women, Power, Politics, Issue 3: Silence is not consent
31 minutes -
Ghana Card accepted at over 44,000 airports worldwide as a mode of identification – NIA boss
35 minutes -
Ghanaian midfielder Linda Owusu Ansah set to join AFC Toronto
48 minutes -
Grassroots sports development critical to Ghana Sports Fund vision – Yaw Ampofo-Ankrah
52 minutes -
Dr Emma Oliveira appointed Ghana Country Chair for Healthcare, Wellness, Insurance & Risk wing of Global G100 platform
56 minutes -
Youth unemployment remains government’s biggest challenge — Asiedu Nketia
1 hour -
Cost of borrowing projected to increase despite policy rate hold – banks
1 hour -
Guardiola to leave Man City after 10 years as boss
1 hour