Trade and Industry Minister, Haruna Iddrisu, has been named by one of France's most influential newspapers,Jeune Afric, as one of 10 leading young African politicians.
Mr Iddrisu is mentioned among the likes of 39 year old Moussa Mara, Prime Minister of Mali and 41 year old President of the Ivorian National Assembly.
Others include Cina Lawson, Togolese Minister of Post and the Digital Economy, 40, Julius Malema, South African political leader, 33, Mbarka Bouaida, Delegate Minister to the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 38, Juvenal Munubo Congolese MP, 35, and Amel Karboul, Tunisian Minister of Tourism, 41.
The rest are Stephanie Nyombayire, Communications Director for the Rwandan Presidency, 27, Barthelemy Dias, Deputy Mayor of Senegal, 38 years.
Jeune Afric published the list last month.
Haruna Iddrisu who is 43, was once President of the National Union of Ghana Students and eventually became national youth organizer of the National Democratic Congress.
He is also a Lawyer by training.
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash
Queen marks her 95th birthday today without Prince Philip
Stop conniving with Chinese to destroy rivers and water bodies – Sanitation Minister
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
How farmers in Upper East are adopting Agroecology farming methods
SSNIT sets records straight on Weija lands ownership
Queen Elizabeth suffers another loss
Kasoa Murder: Court orders police to ascertain suspect’s age
An unregulated media space, a danger to media freedom – Media Foundation for West Africa
Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Unemployed jailed 10 years for defilement
University of Energy and Natural Resources to pilot e-motorcycles with solar energy
Fire destroys over 20 containers at Mankessim market
Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report