Roxie Washington, the mother of George Floyd’s six-year-old daughter Gianna, was speaking at a press conference earlier in Minneapolis.
“Gianna does not have a father,” she said.
“He will never see her grow up, graduate, he will never walk her down the aisle. If there’s a problem she’s having and she needs her dad, she doesn’t have that anymore.
“I’m here for my baby and I’m here for George because I want justice for him. I want justice for him because he was good no matter what anyone thinks.”
Pointing to her daughter, she added: “This is the proof that he was a good man.”
“He will never see her grow up, graduate… he will never walk her down the aisle”— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) June 2, 2020
Roxie Washington, the mother of George Floyd’s six-year-old daughter Gianna, says “I want justice for him”
Latest: https://t.co/BNDz0NBKjY pic.twitter.com/GlHHemQb3u
Former NBA player Stephen Jackson, who was a friend of George Floyd’s, also spoke, saying: “We need justice”.
“Why do we have to see a daughter being raised without her father,” he added.
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- ‘I get only ¢47 as pension’ – Nkrumah’s bodyguard laments life after president’s death
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- You can’t lead Ghana with your coconut heads – KT Hammond to those who booed Akufo-Addo
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- ‘I buy my own fuel’ – Deputy Tourism Minister
- The art exhibition that took Christian rituals literally brutal
- Merqury Republic calls for registration for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Moussa Dadis Camara: Guinea’s ex-military ruler on trial over stadium massacre
- Ethiopia’s Tigray war: Satellite images capture troop build-up near Eritrea border
- $2.4 billion mobilised from 2022 Global Citizen Festival campaign – Vice President
- Joining UN Global Compact a step on the right path to ensuring investor confidence – DBG CEO
- Araba Opoku inspires hope, beauty and satisfaction from struggle in Whispers Down The Lane exhibition
- Government’s sheer inability and total unpreparedness to enforce mining laws cause of ‘galamsey’ – OccupyGhana
- Roselyn Felli receives three nominations at NCA Awards 2022
- ‘Ghana is the No.1 tourism destination in West Africa’ – Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture
- Fitch downgrade unfortunate, further depresses our bonds on international market – Ofori-Atta
- DBG signs UN Global Compact, pledges to abide by 10 principles for sustainable business and governance
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- Liberia rice shortage causes panic-buying
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Black Stars’ poor performance and preparations for World Cup