A Ho Circuit Court has denied a bail application for some twenty-one persons arraigned before it on the suspicion of being members and advocates of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
The Court presided over by Justice Felix Datsomor, therefore, remanded the suspects which included sixteen females and five males into police custody.
They are to reappear on Friday, June 4, 2021.
The suspects were arrested at a hotel in Godokpui in Ho on Thursday after the Volta Regional Police Command picked information of their meeting aimed at advocating and promoting the rights of LGBTs in Ghana.
According to the Volta Regional Police PRO, Sergeant Prince Dogbatse, the suspect had in their possession materials on concepts encouraging homosexuals to boldly announce their sexuality among other related books.
“We also got the LGBT+ Muslim book that is among some of the materials that they are using, they also have gender acronyms coming out.
“A concept that is coming out at encouraging persons involved in these behavior to come out publicly to mention or state the sexuality and all about trans, I mean transgender.”
He said everything they found with the suspects clearly depicts their intentions.
“I mean there is an agenda by these people to propagate the LGBTQ behavior. For now we have referred the preliminary charge of unlawful assembly and while we continue our investigation.”
- Player Ratings: Black Stars suffer 3-0 defeat to Brazil
- Fitch downgrades Ghana from ‘CCC’ to ‘CC’
- Fitch downgrades Ghana to further ‘junk’ status
- Police fire tear gas to disperse protesting final year UEW students
- Obaapa Christy has hidden our last child from me since he was 2 – Ex-husband
- Otto Addo names Black Stars line-up for Brazil friendly
- Brazil’s first half brilliance ensures 3-0 victory over Black Stars
- Otto Addo admits Brazil selection gaffe, pledges to do better
- How the Black Stars came to be known as the “Brazil of Africa”
- US Embassy to clear student visa applications backlog
- Brazil 3-0 Ghana: Ten things we learned
- GITFiC launches book on AfCFTA
- We’re poised to minimise debt restructuring’s impact on financial systems – Finance Ministry
- Black Sherif releases date of his debut album titled ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Voter registration: EC’s recalcitrance poses the biggest threat to Ghana’s democracy – Sam George
- Hasaacas Ladies announce marquee signing Firdous Yakubu from Ashtown Ladies
- EPCG Divine Grace Parish donate to shore up KATH blood bank
- Close down schools in Bawku over insecurity – Heads of basic schools urge GES
- Brazil exposed set piece weaknesses that Ghana has to address before the World Cup
- Joel Bortey: Tough loss against Brazil but there is time to work on mistakes
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor: Law school exam leak – GLC’s IEC must be dissolved
- Ghana card has become a tool to infringe on peoples rights – Bright Simons
- Thomas Partey’s late exclusion from Brazil clash was precautionary
- Slamm Foundation launches Nimde3 App that teaches IT skills in local languages
- Brazil 0-3 Ghana: How Brazil floored Black Stars in first half horror show