Audio By Carbonatix
Carlos Tevez has insisted he will leave Manchester City because his relations with "certain executives" at the club have "broken down beyond repair".
City have rejected a written transfer request from the 26-year-old Argentina striker, who has cited family reasons for wanting to depart Eastlands.
He stressed that he has "no personal issue" with manager Roberto Mancini.
But Tevez said: "It is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through."
In a statement, the Manchester City captain thanked club owner Sheikh Mansour for his "understanding and support".
Tevez also revealed that he first asked to leave this summer, and claimed he was dissuaded by long-time adviser Kia Joorabchian.
City's hierarchy have pointed the finger at Iranian businessman Joorabchian, describing his actions in relation to Tevez's situation as "disappointing".
But the player himself stated: "I hugely resent suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others. I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return. Sadly, my feelings have not changed.
"I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.
"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them."
City have claimed that they have done everything in their power to help their highest-paid player, whose two young daughters live in Argentina, deal with his personal issues.
His contract at Eastlands has three-and-half years to run, and City claimed Joorabchian had, in recent months, been pressing for that deal to be improved and extended.
Earlier on Sunday, a statement from the club read: "This is both an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction, and the club will remain focused on the games ahead in what is turning out to be a very promising season."
Following their 3-1 win at West Ham on Saturday, City are second in the Premier League, level on points with leaders Arsenal but having played one match more.
Tevez has been an integral part of their growing success since joining from rivals Manchester United in the summer of 2009 after a two-year spell at Old Trafford.
During that time, he helped United win two Premier League titles, the Champions League, the Fifa Club World Cup and the Carling Cup.
The inspirational forward scored 23 goals in his first season at Eastlands, and has netted 10 of their 24 so far in this campaign.
"The door remains open for Carlos to be selected to play," City added in their statement.
But with their disaffected star seemingly determined to leave the club, his continuing selection may prove to be problematic for Mancini.
Tevez, who was suspended for the trip to his former club West Ham, is due to return from a break in Tenerife on Tuesday.
It remains to be seen whether he will feature in Manchester City's next match, away to Juventus in the Europa League on Thursday.
Mancini's men then face Everton in the Premier League on 20 December ahead of a trip to Newcastle on Boxing Day.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Four dead and dozens injured in wave of Russian strikes on Kyiv
4 minutes -
Ageing and Longevity: Lessons from a 109-year-old
56 minutes -
Gov’t reaffirms commitment to Africa’s digital economy at AIGF launch
56 minutes -
One dead, multiple injured after Russia launches wave of strikes on Ukraine
2 hours -
Gov’t targets petroleum upstream recovery after five years of consecutive decline
2 hours -
TUC welcomes ICJ ruling affirming workers’ right to strike
2 hours -
NDC teachers launch grassroots political drive in Western North
3 hours -
GN Savings and Loans to reopen first branch in Elmina – Nduom
3 hours -
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
4 hours -
Usyk keeps titles with controversial Verhoeven stoppage
4 hours -
Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House
4 hours -
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
5 hours -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
5 hours -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
5 hours -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
6 hours