The 2020 Presidential Candidate of the Convention People’s Party (CPP), Ivor Kobina Greenstreet, has asked Ghanaians to carefully reflect and assess their voting pattern since the 4th Republican constitution and see how their actions have contributed to the mess the country finds itself.
According to him, the fixation on the NPP and NDC for solutions to the country’s problems is what is accounting for the current state of the country.
Speaking on the sidelines of the sod-cutting of the Pan-African Museum in the Central Region, Mr Greenstreet said the country ought to be fixed but voting in a one-directional path is the ultimate challenge that requires fixing.
“Leaving the country’s destiny in the hands of the NPP and the NDC would leave the populace complaining year in and year out,” he said.
He believes the hardships that Ghanaians keep complaining of every four years would reduce drastically if Ghanaians tried a third force.
“We told you to reject the NPP in the polls and stop voting for the NDC but rather concentrate on a third force that could maximize the gains of the country but all our advice fell on deaf ears. You have been pampering these two political parties,” he intimated.
He, however, is of the opinion that since the world is going through a crisis as a result of the pandemic, the government ought to be given a little time to sort things out.
“I believe in pressuring the government to fix the country, but how many days has it been after the elections. And we all know what the pandemic has done to many countries as well.
“All we needed to do was to have simply kicked them out in the elections. Anyway, come what may, the NPP should not be entertained in 2024,” he indicated.
- NPP MP files urgent question over cost of Mahama’s chartered flights from 2013 to 2016
- ‘That is nonsense’ – Tsatsu Tsikata on burning of excavators
- Chilling details of how suspects killed 12-year-old boy in Nornyikpo for rituals
- Housemistress allegedly injures student through caning
- GPGC judgment debt: I’ve nothing to hide – Kwabena Donkor to Godfred Dame
- Euro 2020: Joy Prime and Adom TV confirm live schedule
- 9 arrested for causing nuisance to motorists at traffic intersections
- Appointment of Receiver of defunct uniBank breach of SDI Act – Court rules
- Police gun down notorious robber who tried to escape from custody
- $170m Judgment Debt: How Parliament’s Committee warned termination of GPGC deal will attract sanctions
Ghana Navy positioning to combat insecurity within Gulf of Guinea
Today’s front pages: Friday, June 25, 2021
Expert calls for active community participation to help eradicate malaria
Toddler found dead after being swept away by flood at Sawaba in Kumasi
Ghana has infrastructure to fully go cashless – GhIPSS boss
Message from the Morning Man: Why do you do it?
Nitiwul dismisses reports of ‘protocol’ enlistments into Ghana Armed Forces
Kofi Nsiah Bonsu: H Kwasi Prempeh was totally wrong; there was no default judgment
Kumasi floods destroy wares at Kejetia market
Farms, water sources destroyed by illegal sand winning at Odumakyi in Ashanti Region
Amnesty International opposes attempts to pass law criminalising LGBTQ+
Third batch of tourists arrive for Beyond The Return initiative
Government erred in judgment to terminate GPGC Power Purchase Agreement – Energy & Associates Ghana
Court sentences herdsman to 4 years in prison, 3 others on the run for kidnapping
2021 Population and Housing Census: What to expect during enumeration