Human Resource Instructor and Trainer, Emmanuel Woyome has urged all employers to create incentives for their employees.
This, according to him, will create a conducive environment and serve as a form of encouragement to the staff to be more effective and efficient in their lines of duty.
In an interview on Prime Morning, the HR instructor said that it is a necessity for employers to think about the expectations of their employees when rewarding them.
“Let’s look at some key factors that need to be considered if you want to get the best out of the employee incentives. That comes under, broadly, what we can say compensation, or in a broader sense, total reward. What are your employees gaining from working with you? Some are monetary, others are non-monetary,” he told Roselyn Felli.
Aside from compensation, recognition and appreciation are also major contributory factors to the happiness of every employee. He believes employees are mostly encouraged by being recognised for doing something.
Also, Mr. Woyome is of the view that the payment of bonuses and training improves the productivity of workers.
The instructor also opined that the inability of an employer to establish a positive employer-staff relationship bridges the gab, causing some workers to stop.
“When the superiors do not have that ability to coach and mentor in giving feedback, their feedback rather hurts the employees and for consistent times they may want to quit. They feel their bosses are threats to their happiness or their mental health,” he said.
He is also of the opinion that working in environments where there are no policies becomes difficult for workers as it influences decision-making.
Meanwhile, employees are urged to put in their efforts, as their contributions help in the success of their employers’ businesses.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display