Inspector-General of Police (IGP), James Oppong-Boanuh, has spoken for the first time about the treatment meted out to senior police officer, ACP Dr Benjamin Agordzo.
The Director of Transformational Programme Office at the Police Service charged with abetment to commit treason, was said to have been interrogated by junior police officers while in custody.
This move by the police was described by some analysts as very wrong because per the protocol, ACP Dr Agordzo should have been handled by senior officers of his rank.
But the IGP speaking on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Tuesday said, he knew nothing about that arrangement.
“I wouldn’t know because I was not part of the investigations and it has not being reported to me,” he said.
When pushed by show host, Philip Osei Bonsu for clarity, Mr Oppong-Boanuh said “please it’s not an area I want to go.”
Listen to the IGP in the attached audio
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilize domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Livestream: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October
Lands Minister, Abu Jinapor embarks on aerial tour of River Pra
Hospital consultation made easy using Bisa App
Tamale police arrest 3 suspected kidnappers