Inspector-General of Police (IGP), James Oppong-Boanuh, has spoken for the first time about the treatment meted out to senior police officer, ACP Dr Benjamin Agordzo.
The Director of Transformational Programme Office at the Police Service charged with abetment to commit treason, was said to have been interrogated by junior police officers while in custody.
This move by the police was described by some analysts as very wrong because per the protocol, ACP Dr Agordzo should have been handled by senior officers of his rank.
But the IGP speaking on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Tuesday said, he knew nothing about that arrangement.
“I wouldn’t know because I was not part of the investigations and it has not being reported to me,” he said.
When pushed by show host, Philip Osei Bonsu for clarity, Mr Oppong-Boanuh said “please it’s not an area I want to go.”
Listen to the IGP in the attached audio
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- 3 teacher unions call on GES to halt emergency transfers
- Classroom Mothers: Nursing mother, 17, returns to school after childbirth
- ‘Kwabena Awuku will explain why he slapped me one day’ – Kobby Kyei
- Government starts construction of hostel facilities for head potters – Local Government Ministry
- The bizarre tale of Queen Victoria and the ‘stolen’ African boy prince
- Charity Yayra Adzam aka Lindavis
- NHIS medicines and service tariffs upwardly adjusted
- PayPal cuts 2,000 jobs as global economy weakens
- Daddy Lumba inspired me as a young producer – Appietus
- DDEP: Labour unions will meet to ‘advise ourselves’ – Angel Carbonu on pensions
- Ridge City signs agreement with Everton to become partner club
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Will Smith and Martin Lawrence returning for fourth ‘Bad Boys’ movie
- Domelevo yet to receive emoluments nearly 3 years after being ‘forced out’
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Hubtel wins big at Ghana Fintech Awards 2022