Musician KiDi has once again apologised to the public for some comments he made in his social media posts years ago.
In his apology, KiDi admitted that at the time he was not only young but ignorant and did not understand the repercussions of his words and actions.
“I tweeted things that were inappropriate and unkind. As I mature, I came to be extremely regretful of these actions and how they affected the parties involved,” the ‘Gyal Dem Sugar’ hitmaker wrote.
He added, “I want to apologise again to everyone again for the statements I made.”
This is after his old tweets – which resurfaced on Wednesday – saw him swipe at former Presidents John Mahama, John Agyekum Kufour and President Akufo-Addo.
He also openly talked about his “relationship” with TV show host Anita Akuffo back in primary school and many others that people find offensive.
He also made comments about TV presenter Delay, actors John Dumelo, Yvonne Nelson and Jackie Appiah.
KiDi is seemingly regretful of his actions, noting in his apology that it is important for people to be mindful of the things they do.
“Use this to remind us all to be mindful of the things we say and how they affect people. Let’s be kind to each other,” he added.
This is not the first time KiDi’s old tweets have been dug. In 2020, he apologised for some “negative” posts he made especially ones targeted at rapper Sarkodie.
According to him, when he made those posts, he did not realise how negatively they would affect the people he talked about.
“But life has taught me to always appreciate people’s hustle and never speak ill about someone else,” KiDi wrote in that apology.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Dashboard: Mobile money transactions in Ghana
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; ¢15bn fund to be set up
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds