Audio By Carbonatix
A social worker, Kofi Amoah, has said he has been having sleepless nights following the ghastly accident at East Legon that claimed the lives of two young girls.
According to him, the accident continues to haunt him as a father with a 15-year-old daughter who is full of dreams, just like the deceased girls.
Mr. Amoah made these remarks on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem, in the wake of the controversies surrounding the location of the suspect driver, Elrad Salifu Amoako.
“I have a 15-year-old child. Two children have been burnt to death. I cannot sleep; this thing is haunting me. The police should just come and clarify where the boy is because I have visited the facility, and anybody who can challenge me should come out.
“I didn’t go there to ask about Salifu Amoako’s son. I only went there on a fact-finding mission. I’m not pursuing any interest, but I just want the police to come out with the facts,” he stated.
A Juvenile Court in Accra on Friday, remanded the 16-year-old, who is the son of Bishop Salifu Amoako, following the accident on October 12.
The court also ordered the seizure of his American and Ghanaian passports to prevent any risk of flight.
Elrad, according to the police, was in custody at the Osu Correctional Centre, but Mr. Amoah challenged that, stating he was supposed to be at the Boys Remand Home.
In a Facebook post with the username EmpressPapa A-Amigos, he indicated he visited the facility and no one had been received.
However, the police have labeled these claims as false and warned that publishing such misinformation violates the law under Section 208 of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960 (Act 29).
To this effect, he is currently being pursued to face justice.
Mr. Amoah has, however, said he does not have any problem with the Ghana Police but smells something fishy in the case.
Stating that he has on several occasions assisted the police in discharging their duties, he expressed readiness to go to court or anywhere, so long as justice will be served for the victims and their families.
Elrad is facing serious charges related to the accident, including manslaughter, negligently causing harm, dangerous driving, and driving without a valid license.
Latest Stories
-
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
34 minutes -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
43 minutes -
Haruna Iddrisu takes a subtle jibe at Asiedu Nketia’s ‘Thank You Tour’
53 minutes -
GSA, PTB donate 50 calibrated weighing scales to Techiman traders on World Metrology Day
1 hour -
US says temporary visa holders should leave to apply for Green Cards
2 hours -
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
2 hours -
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
3 hours -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
3 hours -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
3 hours -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
3 hours -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
3 hours -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
3 hours -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
3 hours -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
4 hours -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
4 hours