Filmmaker Pascal Aka has revealed that after winning awards with his film Gold Coast Lounge, he is yet to receive the plaques from respective award organisers.
The awards schemes are Ghana Movie Awards and the Golden Globe Movie Awards.
The film director, who was on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, said that his movie ‘Gold Coast Lounge’ has won 13 awards in 2019, and to date, he has not seen a single plaque.
He told the host that “we won eight Ghana Movie awards which included Best Film and Best Director and six Golden Movie awards.”
Pascal Aka stated that the first time he has been given his plaque after winning an award with Gold Coast Lounge was on Saturday at the 2022 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
The movie won the Best Soundtrack in Movie/TV Series.
“I went on stage they gave me the plaque and I went to sit back in my seat with the plaque in my hands,” he said.
Pascal Aka disclosed that they have sent emails and placed calls to the event organizers for the plaques of the awards they have won but to no avail.
The film director Pascal Aka said that his worry is not about the money or the awards but rather the respect they are supposed to accord them.
“It’s not just about the money the Nigerians have, it’s the respect. A lot of work should be done on our awards shows, the lack of respect to the film makers are really unacceptable, ” he added.
Pascal Aka was the only Ghanaian that won an award at the just-ended African Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards held in Nigeria.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil, diesel in Western Region
- Woman jailed over infant deaths pardoned
- Ecobank Ghana supports Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative with $120,000
- Prince Harry accused of ‘wasting time’
- Billie Jean King Cup: Richard Ayi Dartey announces Ghana’s squad
- Five bills expected to be laid as Parliament reconvenes tomorrow
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- There is no law to empower GHAMRO to charge for music play – Rex Omar
- Gunmen kill dozens and kidnap children in northern Nigeria
- Power Purchase Agreements: Let’s go for least-cost procurement competitive tender regime – former VRA Boss
- Wimbledon: Russian and Belarusian players still waiting for visas to enter UK
- Ga Traditional Council entreats citizens to adhere to customary laws
- We’ll continue to push for good pricing for Ghana’s cocoa beans – Agric Minister
- Djokovic ‘proud’ of surpassing Nadal’s record