Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has wished Dr. Lydia Dsane-Selby, the Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), who is recuperating from Covid-19 a speedy recovery.
In a tweet, Mr. Oppong Nkrumah said Dr. Dsane-Selby was a passionate and hardworking person who was committed to the national cause.
He wrote: “I have known Dr. Dsane-Selby since my days as a media practitioner.
” She is a passionate and hardworking person who was supportive in the COVID-19 response programme.
“I wish her and many others who are positive a speedy recovery from Covid-19”.
I have known Dr Dsane Selby of the NHIA since my days as a media practitioner. She is a passionate and hardworking person who was has been supportive in the covid response program. I wish her and the many others who are positive a speedy recovery from covid-19.— Kojo Oppong Nkrumah (@konkrumah) June 16, 2020
Dr. Dsane-Selby announced her Covid-19 status in a media interview on Monday, June 15, saying that she was experiencing tiredness, bodily pains and headaches.
Consequently, she contacted a colleague at the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research who came with a team to her house to take her samples for a test.
The test result turned out positive, therefore, she went into self- isolation to prevent her from exposing others to the virus.
Dr Dsane-Selby also contacted those she had come into contact with to go for voluntary testing.
She has become the fourth known government official to have tested positive for Covid-19, after Papa Owusu- Ankomah, Ghana’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Health Minister Kwaku Agyeman-Manu, and Mr. Anthony K.K Sam, the Mayor of Sekondi-Takoradi, who succumbed to the disease on Friday, June 12.
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako