A three-day international conference on trade and finance is scheduled to take place in Accra on April 12, 2017.
It is expected to bring together industry players from across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas to discuss how to improve international trade.
A statement signed by the Chief Executive Officer of Rescue Shipping and Investment Agency, Selassie Kofi Ackom, organisers of the conference said Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi is expected to deliver the keynote address.
The conference is being organised in collaboration with the Private Enterprise Foundation (PEF). Government officials including Trade and Industry Minister Alan Kyeremanten are expected to participate in the conference.
Below is the full statement from the agency
RESCUE SHIPPING AND INVESTMENT AGENCY ANNOUNCES GHANA`S FIRST-EVER CONFERENCE ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE
Rescue shipping and investment agency; a Tema-based freight forwarding company invites business interests in the international trade and finance sectors to Ghana`s first ever international conference on trade and finance dubbed GITFIC (2017).
This conference, a 3-day event, has been scheduled to take place from Monday, 10th April –Wednesday, April 12, 2017at the plush Alisa Hotel in Accra.
The event will bring together players in the trade and finance sectors spanning across agriculture to manufacturing, insurance, construction, importers and exporters, foreign businesses and a host of others from across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
The conference is expected to be opened with a Keynote address by the Secretary-General of UNCTAD; Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi.
This 3-day conference has as its focus for the first day, addresses by invited High Commissions and other trade delegations on trade opportunities for local traders from Ghana. This session will point out both new and other specific existing opportunities that have not been taken advantage of but have been available.
There will also be a Special Address by the Trade and Industry Minister Alan Kyeremanten on how the private sector can drive government’s one district, one factory agenda.
The second day will focus strictly on how to finance the opportunities exposed on the first day. It will have finance experts from several institutions dealing specifically with how funds can be accessed to take advantage of the opportunities brought forward on the first day.
The third day will be totally dedicated to an exhibition where both international and local exhibitors will showcase their products and services to the potential buyers and sellers.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’
- CPA Secretary-General meets Leadership of Parliament