An educational consultant has appealed to government to invest in ICT education.
Rev. Henry Godson-Afful has also urged support from telecommunication industries to subsidise charges on internet data for educational purposes and institutions.
He made this request when the Department of Business and Social Sciences Education (DOBSSE) at the University of Cape Coast (UCC) organised a training workshop for lecturers and students.
The workshop highlighted how to effectively use technology in both virtual and physical learning interactions.
It was under the theme “embracing the use of technology in a hybrid classroom.”
During the workshop, Dr Henry who happens to be an alumnus of UCC used the opportunity to donate some educational technology gadgets like an interactive whiteboard, projector, tripod and cameras to help with hybrid learning.
Few weeks after the President’s announcement on reopening of schools, the country has seen an upward surge in covid-19 cases thus prompting many institutions to adopt virtual learning strategy which hasn’t been a popular means of teaching and learning in our part of the world over the last few years.
It is against this backdrop the consultant has asked for proper conversation and consciousness with regards to hybrid learning.
“What we are seeing in our educational set up with the use of technology is something that could have happened 20 to 30 years down the line but now Covid-19 has taught us to do that quickly,” he added.
He also reiterated the need for students and teachers to get acquainted with the new trend in our education system.
He added that “despite the struggles with the use of modern gadgets and challenges with data and internet connectivity, it is important to have an open mind and embrace change”.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Commercial banks should not be faulted for selling cocoa bills – Alhassan Andani
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Mahama speaks on Africa’s strategic priorities at Chatham House
- Pusiga celebrates late philanthropist’s 67 years changing lives
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success