A High Court in Accra has adjourned the case of Daniel Asiedu and Vincent Bossu, the two suspects who are being held for the murder of former Member of Parliament for Abuakwa North, Joseph B. Danquah Adu to January 9, next year.
When the matter was called, the trial judge indicated that he has not received directives from the Chief Justice to continue to hear the matter.
Asiedu and Bossu are being held on the charges of murder.
Asiedu has also been additionally charged with murder.
The court is yet to take their plea and have since remanded them into prison custody.
Meanwhile, defence counsel has raised the issue of insanity of Asiedu and the court had ordered for a psychiatric examination of which the result of the examination indicated that Asiedu was mentally fit to stand trial.
Defence counsel has prayed the court to allow him to cross-examine the medical doctor on the report he produced.
The defence is yet to conclude with this cross-examination.
The two accused persons are being held by the state following their alleged involvement in the murder the former Member of Parliament at his residence at Shaishie, near East Legon in the year 2016.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital
I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
Ajax melt down Dutch title trophy to make 42,000 stars to give to fans